Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. Today is our second day of “PRACTICING” our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans during this mock emergency. Each day will bring about a new component to the situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation. REMEMBER: No going to a store, restaurant, gas station, or spending any money for the next 5 days! We’ve got to make it a challenge!
Remember, in order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email you need to sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
DAY 3: PRACTICE (Sunday, September 23rd)
NATIONWIDE DRAFT: The war has continued to rage on and the President has declared that all men need to leave their homes and fight for the country. Today you must analyze your preps for having a single-parent household. You’ll also be evaluating your skills in case you depend on a husband, neighbor, or family member to help you with certain things.
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Update your living will or research how to create one
- Evaluate your family’s life insurance coverage, is it enough?
- Discuss with your loved ones (with sensitivity depending on ages) what would happen should a parent get called away or die unexpectedly
- Who pays the bills? Do you have instructions for the other spouse if only one of you takes care of it? Put together a cheat sheet for the other person.
- What skills does a man typically have that you would be lacking in if all the men in your life were gone? Add them to your daily worksheet (i.e. How to change a tire, mow your lawn, etc.)
- Analyze your family’s protection resources. Do you have any guns or other weapons? Is the man of the house the only one who knows how to use them? Spend some time today making a plan for your family’s protection.
- Fill out your daily worksheets (see below).
- Share your experiences today over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- If you are married, the “man” isn’t allowed to help out today. See what it will feel like to “do life” on your own.
- Practice changing a tire today. It’s an important skill we should all know how to do (for a video tutorial click here).
- Research what military pay will be and create a new family budget if it will be less than your current income.
- If you have guns, do some target practice today (females only).
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.
I will also be posting a lot on instagram (@foodstoragemadeeasy) over the next few days. Come join the fun there with hash tag #fsme7daychallenge