Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
You have house guests coming to visit today and you just found out that they are living a strict vegan diet due to health issues. You must feed them and your family today without using meat or any other foods that come from animals. You don’t have time to go to the store before they arrive.
Goal: Eat all your meals without using meat or other animal products
- Make breakfast without using meat, eggs, or milk, or other animal derived products
- Make lunch without using meat, eggs, or milk, or other animal derived products
- Make dinner without using meat, eggs, or milk, or other animal derived products
- Use 3 different grains or legumes in your cooking today
- Find and print out (or bookmark) 5 recipes that use grains or legumes that you can use in the future to continue rotating and using your long term food storage
- SHARING TIME: Share a picture of one of your vegan meals on our Facebook page or on Instagram (use tags @foodstoragemadeeasy and #FSME7daychallenge) or write up your experiences and what you learned in the blog comments or on our Facebook discussion thread today.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants
- You cannot use any beef, chicken, pork, tuna, etc. today
- You cannot use eggs or items made with eggs
- You cannot use milk or items made with milk (i.e. ANY dairy)
- Make a fancy dinner (break out the china) including a vegan dessert
- Use an extra 2 grains or legumes in your cooking today
- Try to avoid using products made from animal parts today (fur, leather, wool, and silk)
Make sure your fill out today’s Report Card to see how well you did, to keep track of areas you can improve, to remember things you need to do, and things you need to buy. Use the data to make a game plan to take you to the next level of preparedness, whatever that may be.
Remember — This year we are going to be offering the chance to win daily PRIZES for people who are participating in one of the following ways:
- Commenting or posting pictures on our Facebook page
- Loading pictures on your instagram tagging @foodstoragemadeeasy and #FSME7daychallenge
- Commenting on today’s blog post with how you did
- Submitting pictures/stories to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
6 #10 cans of grains/legumes of your choice from Thrive Life
TODAY’S WINNER: is JOANIE C who posted this picture on facebook
Email us at info@ foodstoragemadeeasy.net so we can arrange getting you your prize 🙂
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder