Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. Today is our fifth and final day of “PRACTICING” our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans during this mock emergency. Each day has brought about a new component to the situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation. REMEMBER: No going to a store, restaurant, gas station, or spending any money for all 5 days! We’ve got to make it a challenge!
Remember, in order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email you need to sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
DAY 6: PRACTICE (Wednesday, September 26th)
MARTIAL LAW DECLARED: Things have gotten so bad in the war that your country has declared martial law. The military has taken over all governing and is imposing strict mandates on curfews, travel, and is confiscating food and resources for the general good. Today is a very difficult and scary day.
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Your house has been searched for food and weapon supplies. They found your main stash so you don’t have access to any of those materials any longer. Only use food you have stored elsewhere in your home today.
- Schools have been closed down, determine how you would continue to educate your children / yourself if you can’t access the public school system.
- Research martial law and come up with a game plan on how you and your family should act should this come into affect.
- You have determined it to be safer to bug out to a safer location (less populated, further from military control, etc.)
– Where are you going to go?
– Grab your 72 hour kits and anything else you would want to evacuate with and leave.
– Stay away from home for 3-4 hours, eat one meal from your 72 hour kit.
- Check your supplies: Do you have a working radio? A HAM radio? First aid supplies? Weapons for protection?
- Fill out your daily worksheets (see below).
- Share your experiences today over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- Avoid going out in public as there is a lot of public unrest in your area.
- You cannot use food from your main storage areas (it has been found and confiscated).
- Evacuate in the early morning with only your 72 hour kits and stay away from home the whole day, eating all three meals from your kit.
- Build some basic tools and cooking sources from scratch since yours were confiscated.
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.
I will also be posting a lot on instagram (@foodstoragemadeeasy) over the next few days. Come join the fun there with hash tag #fsme7daychallenge
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder