Welcome to DAY 6 of this year’s 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing out our food storage to see just how prepared our pantries are for an emergency! Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test some aspect of our preparedness plans. Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a grocery store, restaurant, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … and on that note, let’s get started!
DAY 6: SACK IT SATURDAY
Today’s challenge is all about creating portable meals that you can eat on the run that don’t require cooking. These can be useful for 72 hour kits, for easy meals while traveling, or even just for busy days when you need to eat on the run. Make today fun and take your food out and actually eat it outside!”
- Make at least one “portable” meal today that doesn’t require cooking.
- Take a walk, get out in nature, and eat your food as a picnic.
- Come up with a list of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that you could make and take, add the ingredients to your next shopping list.
- Post a picture or video of one of your meals today. Bonus points for including the recipe!
- Sack lunch it for all three meals today!
- Bake a loaf of bread to make a sandwich for one of your meals. Post a picture of your bread and include your best bread recipe on social media.
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S CHALLENGE WILL BE DIFFERENT
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!