Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
DAY 4: Bread Bash
YOU HAVE BEEN ENTERED INTO A BREAD-MAKING COMPETITION! Your friend entered you into the contest without telling you. At first you were a little bit mad but quickly realized it would be good practice for an emergency so you decided to accept the challenge. Good luck and may the best bread-maker win!
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Make at least one loaf of whole wheat bread.
- Make at least one loaf of white flour bread
- Eat your bread! (after you do the next task)
- Take pictures of your beautiful loaves and post them in our facebook group.
(We can make it extra fun by actually voting on our favorite pictures!)
Bread recipes if you need one!
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- NO JUST BUYING A LOAF OF BREAD (or having someone make it for you)
- Bake the bread without using electricity
- Also make a loaf of ezekiel bread!
I will be posting a lot on instagram (@jodi_foodstoragemadeeasy) over the next few days as I go through the challenges on my own. Come join the fun there and use hash tag #fsme7daychallenge if you are sharing your own adventures as well. Tag me in your stories so I can reshare them!
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week. Print multiple sheets as needed.
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder