Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
DAY 5: First Aid Update
A NEIGHBOR RECENTLY HAD A MEDICAL SCARE AT HOME THAT CAUSED YOU TO EVALUATE YOUR FIRST AID SUPPLIES IN YOUR OWN HOME. Your task today is to go through all of your supplies and do a complete inventory as well as make a list of what items you may need to replace (expired meds) or add to your kits.
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Do an inventory of your home medical supplies. (View this post for a comprehensive supply list). Write down what you already have, what you want to have, and what you still need to get.
- Do an inventory of the first aid supplies in your 72 hour kits and your car kits (this may be separate than your regular home medical supplies).
- Explore some more “holistic” styles of medicine using Your Natural Medicine Cabinet as a starting point.
- Do some research and find a CPR/first aid class in your area and SIGN UP for it.
- Add items to your “To Buy” worksheet if there is anything expired or that you are missing
- Take pictures of your first aid “stations” and post them in our facebook group.
(I’d also like to start a discussion about good online resources for first aid knowledge)
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- No buying your first aid supplies today (unless you shop for them online!)
- Purchase some first aid books or manuals to keep on hand as a reference when the internet is not available
I will be posting a lot on instagram (@jodi_foodstoragemadeeasy) over the next few days as I go through the challenges on my own. Come join the fun there and use hash tag #fsme7daychallenge if you are sharing your own adventures as well. Tag me in your stories so I can reshare them!
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week. Print multiple sheets as needed.
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder