It’s no shock that prices are going up on EVERYTHING these days. My grocery budget, gas budget, travel budget, etc. have all had to increase. Unfortunately this also means that preparedness products and food storage are also getting more expensive, right at the same time that people are more and more concerned about supply chains, pandemics, civil unrest around the world, etc.
As most of you know, I buy most of my freeze-dried food storage from Thrive Life and they have done a pretty good job at avoiding price increases throughout the covid crisis, but the company has finally had to adjust prices on a few things due to their raw goods prices increasing so much. There is some good news though! Thrive has recently made some business acquisitions that has increased their buying power and reduced costs on some items, so we actually get a price DECREASE on some things too. In fact, when adding up the total changes it is actually an overall decrease of 2% which is amazing in this current economic climate. It’s just unfortunate if you love the items that are increasing.
I have scoured the price lists and compared all the changes so that you don’t have to. If you want to stock up on the things that are going UP, make sure to get your order in before end of the day on February 28th. But hold off on items that are on the list of prices that are reducing.
Items with the largest price INCREASES coming March 1st
STOCK UP ON THESE BEFORE MARCH 1st – FREE SHIPPING THROUGH THE DELIVERY SERVICE!
- Diced Beef (although it will be on special in March)
- Seasoned Chicken Slices
- Scrambled Egg Mix
- Instant Milk
- Gluten-Free Flour
- Blueberry Oatmeal (express meal)
- Chef’s Packs (view my video on these, they are AWESOME)
All other products will have minor price increases so it would be a good time to stock up on them UNLESS they are on the list below.
Items DECREASING in price as of March 1st
ORDER AFTER MARCH 1ST TO GET A DISCOUNT ON THESE ITEMS
- Breakfast skillet, Chicken Spinach Alfredo, Creamy Beef with Rotini Pasta (express meals)
- Peach slices (huge price drop)
- Applesauce (huge price drop)
- Apricots (huge price drop)
- Cherries (huge price drop)
- Mangoes (huge price drop)
- Green Beans (huge price drop)
- Mushrooms (huge price drop)
- Red Peppers
- Diced Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Tomato Dices
- Asparagus (huge price drop)
- Kale (huge price drop)
- Green Onions (huge price drop)
- Green Peppers (huge price drop)
- Zucchini (huge price drop)
- Instant Refried Beans
- Diced Chicken (huge price drop)
- Grilled Chicken Dices
- Pulled Pork (huge price drop)
- Sausage Crumbles
- Pomegranate, Strawberry, Vanilla Yogurt (huge price drop)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream Powder
- Butter Powder
- Chicken Bouillon
SHOP NOW AND SAVE!
Here are a few shopping tips to get the most bang for your buck with this price change:
- Order through the monthly delivery service to get free shipping on orders over $99 (you can pause or cancel at any time and change your order every month based on what’s on sale or what you need)
- Lock in your inventory and your savings by clicking SHIP NOW at the end of the process. This is better than setting up your delivery for tomorrow and risking things going out of stock.
- Share this info with your friends. Let them know about the price increases and use your special referral link (found at https://jodiandjulie.thrivelife.com/customers/referral/portal) and you can earn 30% in free food credits based on the value of their order.
- Set up your March delivery order. If you are looking at the list of what is decreasing in price next month you can go right ahead and set up your March shipment to include any of those items with big price decreases, especially limited time items that may sell out. You can even have it ship as early as March 1st if you are worried about things going out of stock. No need to wait til the end of the month.
Please reach out to me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (717-788-3663) with any questions or if you need help setting up your order!
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder