|In addition to the annual 7 Day Challenge I do to celebrate National Preparedness Month in September, I am going to try something NEW this year that might feel more “doable” for everyone to help us get more prepared. |
I am putting together a bunch of 15 minute mini prepping projects that we can work on as a group. I will post one per day for the whole month of September. You can jump in and do any of the days without feeling stressed about participating the whole time.
As The FlyLady taught me many years ago when I was trying to tackle the task of cleaning my house …
“You can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes!”
How to Participate:
Because I know everyone hangs out in different places online I wanted this to be an activity that is accessible to everyone, without having to clog up your email inbox every day. So here is where you can find each daily project as well as how you can SHARE your own successes.
- On the blog: I’ll post the project each day over at http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/blog. If you can remember to check in here every day, that’s all you’ll need!
- On InstaGram: Follow my account to view the daily projects (I’ll post in stories and the main feed) http://instagram.com/jodi_foodstoragemadeeasy This will be a fun place for you to post when you complete your project for the day. If you use the hashtags #nationalpreparednessmonth and #15minuteprep we can easily see each other’s photos!
- On Facebook: Join my Facebook group and I will start a thread each day with the project details. You can leave a comment on that post with your thoughts, results, etc. and include pictures if you want. Join at http://facebook.com/groups/foodstoragemadeeasy if you aren’t already a member in there!
- Via Text: I’m trying to get better at sending important info via text since things get lost in the email shuffle so easily. If you want to receive the daily projects via text simple text 15minuteprep to 717-788-3663 (if you don’t receive a text reply back, it didn’t work).
30 Days Links:
- Day 1: Make Fire Starters
- Day 2: Grind Some Wheat
- Day 3: Locate Flashlights
- Day 4: List of Bills/Accounts
- Day 5: Fill Up Gas Tanks
- Day 6: Practice Sewing Skills
- Day 7: Fill / Rotate Water Containers
- Day 8: Plant Something!
- Day 9: Grab and Go List
- Day 10: Get Some Exercise
- Day 11: Follow Preppers
- Day 12: Organize Your Pantry
- Day 13: Rotate 72 Hour Kit Food
- Day 14: Make a Coffee Can Heater
- Day 15: Computer Back-Up
- Day 16: Update First Aid Kits
- Day 17: Car Emergency Kit
- Day 18: Buy Prepping Books
- Day 19: Inventory Emergency Fuels
- Day 20: #10 Can Stove
- Day 21: Make a Will
- Day 22: Create a Phone Number List
- Day 23: Sprout Some Seeds
- Day 24: Bake Bread
- Day 25: Print Out Recipes
- Day 26: Create a Budget
- Day 27: Use Powdered Milk
- Day 28: Preserve Something
- Day 29: Test Smoke Detectors
- Day 30: Inventory Food Storage
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder