Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency, or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
Something has happened with payroll at your job. For some reason all of the company’s assets have been frozen. You won’t be getting paid for at least the next 2 months. You are hesitant to leave and find another job since they are few and far between these days. You have to save money and conserve the cash you have like crazy. If you have a reserve of money saved up you are hesitant to use very much of it.
Today’s Goal: Practice frugal living for tough economic times.
- Cook breakfast from scratch – you can’t afford store bought pre-made items
- Cook lunch from scratch – you can’t afford store bought pre-made items
- Cook dinner from scratch – and you’ve already used up all your freezer foods!
- Do a fun -FREE- family activity tonight
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- You can’t make any foods from pre-packaged items. Everything must be from scratch using food storage items.
- You have had to cut back on your expenses so you don’t have Internet access any more (no searching online for recipes)
We give you permission to break the “no spending rule” and buy food storage cookbooks online today if you find you have NONE in your house
- It’s one of your dearest friend’s birthday – do something nice for them without spending money
- If things get any worse, you’re going to have to sell some of your things- make a list of items you could/would sell
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder