One of my New Year’s resolutions this year is to build up my three month’s supply of food using jar meals. In the past I’ve used our 3 Month Supply Calculator and stocked up on the ingredients needed to make meals. But I find myself not keeping up with the rotation very well because everything has different expiration dates and I don’t necessarily make the meals regularly that were in my calculator. So this year I’m trying something different and I would love for you to try it with me!
- Create 12 jar meals per month using items that are on sale
- Eat one meal per week to rotate and for easy dinners on busy nights
- By the end of the year I will have made 144 meals and eaten 52
- This leaves 92 meals or 1 dinner per day for 3 months!
- Next year I will do it once per quarter to keep up with replenishing
- All meals will be rotated by the end of 3 years
Meals-in-a-Jar Monthly Group
Since I am going to be ordering the monthly specials each month and putting together all of my meals anyway, I am going to offer this as a fun ladies’ group in my neighborhood where we can all do it together. At the start of the month I will let everyone know what the recipe will be and people can choose how many jars they would like to order. I’ll put together the order and have everything shipped to my house. Closer to the end of the month we will get together and everyone will fill their own jars with their meals. We may even sample the next month’s meal at the get together so people can decide if they want it or not. Sound fun?
How to Join In
There are two ways you can participate depending on whether you’d like to just create your own meals or if you think it would be fun to start a group in your neighborhood too.
- Make Your Own: Sign up for my Meals-in-a-Jar email list and every month I will send out the recipe that we are making that month including the shopping list and a cute label to use. The main jar meals serve 4-6 people and my shopping list includes enough to make 12 meals. I will list adjustments to make smaller and larger quantities if desired. I will send you instructions on how to set up a monthly order so you can get all the ingredients at the best prices and with free shipping. Each month will be about $100-$150 and will typically include leftovers of several of the ingredients that you can use for other recipes. You can customize your order to leave off ingredients if you already have them on hand or want to buy a different brand.
- Organize a Group: Sign up as a Thrive Consultant. This will enable you to earn some benefits for spending the time to organize this group. You’ll want to also still sign up for my Meals-in-a-Jar email list and then you can use the meal I put together each month and collect orders for your group. I’ll help you figure out the correct calculations depending on the number of orders you collect. I’ll answer any questions you have about logistics in terms of organizing this for a group. You can earn commission as well as earn free food simply by helping your group members place their orders.
Since I am limited to organizing this group in my local area, I would LOVE to have a ton of you out there helping to do this in YOUR neighborhoods. It’s a great introduction to food storage, even if people only start off thinking it’s good for quick easy dinners. So to kick-start this I am going to offer a free Jar Meal Starter Pack to THE FIRST THREE PEOPLE who sign up as a consultant before the end of the year (January 31st at midnight MST)! This will give you enough food to make 4 of the January meals (Chicken Broccoli Rice Bake) with tons left over to go towards making more of them when you place your January order.
COME AND JOIN ME, IT’LL BE GREAT FUN!