Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
You belong to a local Emergency Preparedness Group and were asked to teach a class on basic first aid and CPR. You must put together a packet of emergency information to provide as a handout, pack up emergency supplies to bring as a display, provide a recommendation for “home kits” and be prepared to demonstrate basic first aid skills.
Goal: Gain knowledge of basic first aid skills and CPR
- Print out instructions on basic first aid techniques (add them to your Food Storage Made Easy Binder)
- Prepare an outline of your First Aid / CPR lesson plan
- Practice doing CPR on a doll (view video at this link)
- Practice wrapping up an injury using proper bandaging techniques
- Do an inventory of your home medical supplies. Add items to your daily report card that you need to purchase (there is an awesome comprehensive list of suggestions found on this post Modern Survival Blog)
- Put together a sample first aid kit to bring to demonstrate, include a contents list to hand out with your recommendations for what the class members should store
- SHARING TIME: Take a picture of something you did to practice first aid today and share it on our Facebook page or on Instagram (use tags @foodstoragemadeeasy and #FSME7daychallenge)or write up your experiences and what you learned in the blog comments or on our Facebook discussion thread today.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants
- No extra limitations today!
- Record a video of you actually teaching a pretend class
- Purchase additional first aid books or manuals to keep on hand as a reference when the internet is not available
Make sure your fill out today’s Report Card to see how well you did, to keep track of areas you can improve, to remember things you need to do, and things you need to buy. Use the data to make a game plan to take you to the next level of preparedness, whatever that may be.
Remember — This year we are going to be offering the chance to win daily PRIZES for people who are participating in one of the following ways:
- Commenting or posting pictures on our Facebook page
- Loading pictures on your instagram tagging @foodstoragemadeeasy and #FSME7daychallenge
- Commenting on today’s blog post with how you did
- Submitting pictures/stories to us via email at email@example.com
1 XXL Series Deluxe First Aid Kit (137 pieces)
TODAY’S WINNER: DAN who left this comment on the blog:
Looking forward to doing this after work. I have been working on putting together several first aid kits recently. I have also been trained in basic first aid, CPR, and a combat lifesaving course. We get this kind of training every year in the military.
Email us at info @ foodstoragemadeeasy. net to arrange getting your prize!
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder