Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … and on that note, here is DAY 4’s challenge!
DAY 4: Bread Fiasco
YOU WILL BE ATTENDING AN EVENT TONIGHT AND HAVE TO MAKE HOMEMADE BREAD FOR IT. You were asked at the last minute to bring bread for an event. The problem is you are stuck at home for the day with no car so you can’t get to the store to buy a loaf. Make bread from scratch today, and earn bonus points if you do the advanced task and make it gluten free.
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Make a loaf of bread from scratch today (preferably with fresh-ground whole wheat)
- Eat your loaf of bread
- Be a show off and post a picture of your loaf of bread!
- Share your experiences today over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- NO JUST BUYING A LOAF OF BREAD 😉
- Make the loaf of bread using no electricity
- Make it a gluten-free loaf of bread
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S CHALLENGE WILL BE DIFFERENT
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.