Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … and on that note, here is DAY 6’s challenge!
DAY 6: First Aid Crisis
TODAY IS PART 2 OF YOUR EVACUATION FROM YESTERDAY. One of your family members got injured, and your entire group was exposed to a mysterious illness causing a number of symptoms. Today is the day you will look over your first aid supplies and see if you are prepared!
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- If you didn’t do your 5k walk yesterday, complete it today!
- Continue to eat out of your 72 hour kits until you have eaten 3 total meals (a breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Do an inventory of your home medical supplies. Do you have supplies on hand to treat the mystery illness? (View this post for a comprehensive supply list)
- Add items to your “To Buy” worksheet if you feel you are lacking in your first aid supplies.
- Practice treating a pretend injury using supplies from your house. Print out instructions for basic first aid procedures if needed (there are some helpful guides found at this link)
- Do some research and find a CPR/first aid class in your area and SIGN UP for it.
- Research any specific medicines you are taking, find out how you can stock pile some, make a plan for how to keep them refrigerated if necessary, etc. (Also consider if making lifestyle changes could help reduce your dependency on them)
- Share your experiences today over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants.
- No additional limitations for today!
- Purchase additional manuals on first aid and emergency medicine
- Learn more about holistic approaches to medicine including essential oils (check out this post as a starting point)
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S CHALLENGE WILL BE DIFFERENT
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.