Welcome to DAY 5 of this year’s 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing out our food storage to see just how prepared our pantries are for an emergency! Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test some aspect of our preparedness plans. Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a grocery store, restaurant, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … and on that note, let’s get started!
DAY 5: FROSTY FRIDAY
Freezer foods can be an important part of your food storage plans. Some people don’t consider it for long term emergencies because it requires power. However, there are many emergency situations where you will still have power but need access to food. Today we are going to take a look at what you have in your freezer and cook from it!”
- Take an inventory of your freezer food. How many meals could you cook using your freezer food as a base?
- Use something from your freezer for every meal today.
- Make a shopping list of freezer foods you’d like to stock up on so that you can watch for good sales in the future.
- Post a picture or video of one of your meals today. Bonus points for including the recipe!
- Since a good source of freezer food is local or home-grown produce, or meat you hunt yourself, you get bonus points if you use food sourced from within 50 miles of your home.
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S CHALLENGE WILL BE DIFFERENT
Check back first thing in the morning or subscribe to be notified of the next challenge!