Welcome to DAY 7, the final day of this year’s 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we have been testing out our food storage to see just how prepared our pantries are for an emergency! Each day brought a NEW mock emergency or situation that tested some aspect of our preparedness plans.In order to receive each day’s emergency scenario in your email please sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list.
REMEMBER: No going to a grocery store, restaurant, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … once you have finished today’s challenge you are free to shop, or get a donut, or whatever else you’ve missed out on this week!
DAY 7: Someone’s Coming Sunday
As we have discovered this week, food storage can serve many purposes, especially for every day little emergencies. Today’s challenge is something that happens often, you have extra guests for a meal, or unexpected company shows up. Your task today is to create something special with multiple courses using foods from your storage.”
- Create at least a 3 course meal for your family (and a guest) using items from your food storage (no going to the store for it!)
- Try to use a variety of storage methods in your meals (i.e. some canned, some freeze-dried, some frozen)
- Enjoy your company. Chat about what you can do as a group to prepare for future events / emergencies.
- Take the time to be thankful that this week was just a challenge and not any true emergencies!
- Post a picture or video of one of your meals today. Bonus points for including the recipe!
- Go through each of your daily worksheets and create a master document of things to learn, things to do, and things to buy based off of your experiences during the week.
- Come on over to the Facebook Group and share your biggest takeaways from our challenge week.
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder