Did you know that January is National Oatmeal Month? I didn’t either until I started seeing social media posts about it! I was doing a cooking demo featuring some of the sale items over at Thrive Life this month and I cooked up the most delicious Fruit Crisp and got so many requests for the recipe that I knew I had to post it here for you. Since it has a thick “crisp” layer with loads of oats in it I figured it would fit in perfectly with national oatmeal month too!
Freeze-Dried Fruit Crisp
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups Thrive Freeze-Dried Peaches (ON SALE)
- 1 cup Thrive Freeze-Dried Strawberries (ON SALE)
- 1/2 cup Thrive Freeze-Dried Blueberries (ON SALE)
- 3/4 cup water (to refresh)
- 1/2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 T cornstarch
For the topping:
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (or Thrive Gluten-Free Flour)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small casserole dish (I used a round dish a bit smaller than a 9×9 square pan) refresh the freeze-dried fruits with 3/4 cup of water. Let sit until the water is mostly all absorbed.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt. Slowly add melted butter and vanilla until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add lemon juice, white sugar, and cornstarch to the refreshed fruit mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle the crumble layer over top of the fruit. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until fruit is bubbling up the sides and the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream. Delicious!
Pin this Freeze-Dried Fruit Crisp Recipe
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder