Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency, or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
A natural disaster occurred quite some time ago. You have been without power for a very long time. You’ve eaten all the easy-to-make meals, canned foods and all that. Today your task is to make bread, from scratch, without power. Once you are done making your bread you are officially done the challenge, and we encourage you to compile all your report cards from the week and put them on the master list of things to do and to buy.
Today’s Goal: To practice making bread (the hard way) and a game plan.
- Make bread- from start to finish with no power
- Compile all your report cards from the week into a master list of things to do, learn, and buy (use our master plan outline to help guide you)
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- You have to HAND GRIND WHEAT for the bread, no all-purpose flour
- Do a full inventory of your current food storage and make a list of things that are missing
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder