There has been a flood and everyone in your city has been told to evacuate their homes for part of the day.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- You have no power for the whole day (except to fill out the questionnaire, or chat on facebook about what you are learning!)
- You have to “leave” your house within an hour for at least 5 hours (but you don’t know if your house is going to be there when you get back).
- You can only grab what is in your disasters kit and ALREADY on your grab list when you leave. *remember your house may be destroyed when you get back
- You have to eat the food from your 72 hour kit while you are gone
- Your family gets soaking wet during evacuation, and one of your family members cuts their toe open
- Your spouse is at work. You have to meet at your pre-determined meeting location when he or she is done work
- Once your whole family reunites you can return to your house
- When you get home, your fridge food is ruined, your basement food is flooded, and you need to make dinner with no power
- Keep your family entertained with no power (remember, after dark the lights, tv, appliances etc wont work!)
- You have to stay out of your house until it’s bed time
- You can only eat your 72 hour kit food the whole day
- You forgot your cell phone at home when you evacuated
ADVANCED “FOLKS” (for anyone who feels up to it)
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S LIMITATIONS AND TASKS WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. How long would you have lasted under these conditions?
Each day we will be giving a prize to someone who provided feedback to that day’s challenge. *Click here to see who won the “pre-challenge” giveaway. To provide feedback on today’s challenge, do one of the following:
Remember this is for us all to learn so fill it out honestly!
|[form 2 “Day 1 Questionnaire”]|