I always joke around that if I could have pizza in an emergency that everything would be all right. It got me to thinking what other “cheesy” meals might be on the table using freeze-dried cheese. I never thought of this tuna noodle casserole as a “shelf stable” recipe because it has cheese, sour cream, milk … you know all the things that make for a delicious meal. But we gave it a shot and it WORKED! My kids actually ate MORE than usual and gave it two thumbs up. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.
3 CHEESE TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE
16 oz. Package Rotini Noodles
1 cup Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese, reconstituted
1 cup Freeze Dried Mozzarella Cheese, reconstituted
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 c. Instant Milk
1/4 c. Sour Cream Powder
1 1/4 c. water
(2) 5oz. cans of tuna, drained
1 container French Fried Onions
For the freeze dried cheese and powders I recommend Thrive Life products.
You can get wholesale pricing by shopping through my consultant link here.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook rotini noodles as directed on package.
3. While noodles are cooking, put freeze dried cheeses into a saucepan and cover with water. When cheese is softened (about 5-7 minutes) drain most of the water out and slowly heat up the cheese.
4. Add cream of chicken soup, instant milk, sour cream powder, and water to pan with cheese. Whisk until everything is all melted and smooth.
5. After noodles are cooked, drain and pour into a 9×13 pan. Drain tuna fish and add to pan. Pour cheesy sauce over top and stir thoroughly. Stir in 1/3 container of french fried onions.
6. Bake for 20 minutes covered. Uncover and sprinkle remaining french fried onions on top. Cook for another 10 minutes uncovered until onions are golden brown.
7. EAT AND ENJOY!
Pin to save for later