Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency, or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, or spending any money for the entire 7 days! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
The stomach aches you have been having have gotten worse. Your doctor just confirmed you can not have gluten. Any gluten makes you very ill and you’re finding out gluten is in EVERYTHING! What are you going to do with your daily cooking, and your Food Storage? This is a very common thing for many of our readers, and we hope that today is mostly a day of sharing ideas and encouragement for those who face this in real life. You never know when you may need to help someone with specific dietary needs.
Today’s Goal: Learn about gluten free cooking and food storage.
- Find out what it means to eat a gluten free diet (hint, it probably won’t say “gluten” on your labels)
- You can’t eat ANY gluten today – READ YOUR LABELS (look it up if you have to)
- You look at your current food storage and realize it is full of gluten. Brainstorm ideas about how to build a gluten-free food storage
- Share in comments and on facebook how to make this new life work. If you are currently living this way, PLEASE share for others who are new and haven’t figured out how to make this new diet work for them.
- Think about other possible food allergies and how you could add to your food storage for those too
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- You can’t have any gluten today- ask on our Facebook page if you are unsure about a specific item.
- Make a list of replacement foods if you have to eliminate gluten from your food storage
- Print out some gluten free recipes
- Develop a gluten-free 72 hour kit, just in case
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder