This month’s “Get It Done” challenge is something that we feel really strongly about. In our Emergency Preparedness Plan we discuss having a 72 hour kit that you can grab and go in an emergency with 3 days of food and water as well as supplies. One of the key parts of that kit is to have an “Emergency Binder” full of all of your family’s important documents that you would not want to lose should you not be able to return to your home.
The emergency binder part of the plan is often neglected for any of these reasons:
If you haven’t made your emergency binder yet for one of those reasons (or any other), this is the month for you to GET IT DONE!
YOUR MAY CHALLENGE
You’re task this month should you “Accept” the challenge is to do one of the following:
1. Create an emergency binder and compile all your documents
2. Buy a Preparedness Planner Kit and compile all your documents
3. Look through your current binder and make sure everything is current (updated insurance policies, birth certificate for your latest baby, current investment statements, etc.)
Scroll down for helpful ideas on how to make your binder if you are working on starting an emergency binder from scratch.
SHARE YOUR SUCCESSES
We love to see when you guys actually finish the challenges, so here is a little “social” game we will play this month:
1. Post a picture of your completed Emergency Binder on our facebook fan page.
2. We will post your photos to our Instagram account throughout the month to highlight all the different ways people do their binders. (follow us @foodstoragemadeeasy on Instagram)
TWO GREAT BINDER OPTIONS
1. CREATE YOUR OWN BINDER
In our May newsletter we gave a full tutorial on how to create your own binder including a list of what to buy, what to include, and free downloads for section dividers and a cover page. Check it out if you are a do-it-yourself type! We also saw these adorable pink zipper binders that would be perfect to use (ok it comes in black too). I love that it has a handle for easy grab and go, and it zips shut in case things fall out of your sheet protectors.
2. PREPARE MY LIFE PLANNER KIT
This is a robust complete system that will walk you step-by-step through creating your whole binder. Each item you are told to store has a sheet protector created to exactly fit that item (i.e. passports, insurance cards, etc.) The binder is heavy duty, the sheet protectors are top quality, and the worksheets contained inside really complete the package with full instructions.
The Prepare My Life Planner is regularly $119.95 but is ON SALE for just $99.95 this month! If you want it made easy for you, this is a great product. If you want to save money and make it yourself, that’s great too. The most important thing is to just GET IT DONE!