Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days (unless we say otherwise)! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
There have been several case of the ebola virus in your city. Everyone has been placed on a mandatory quarantine in their homes until the disease is neutralized.
Goal: To practice “bugging in” and assess first aid supplies
- All family members stay indoors in your own home all day today
- One of your family members is feeling sick, prepare a comfort food for them
- Do some research on the ebola virus and how you can be better prepared for an outbreak (see links in the resources section below)
- Do an inventory of your home medical supplies. Add items to your daily worksheet that you need to purchase (see resources below for a comprehensive kit detailed out)
- Print out instructions on how to do perform basic first aid tasks if you don’t have a good manual in your home
SHARING TIME: Visit today’s Facebook thread and share a picture or detailed description of your first aid kit, shelf, cupboard, etc. We would love to see what everyone is doing to be prepared on this topic as it’s soooo important.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- You can’t leave your house at all (if you are going to church that is the only exception!)
- Purchase some first aid books or manuals to keep on hand as a reference when the internet is not available
- As an extra precaution have your family wear n95 face masks all day
- Learn more about holistic approaches to medicine including essential oils (check out this post as a starting point)
Helpful Posts on This Topic:
- Ebola Signs and Symptoms | (CDC.gov)
- Preparing for a Pandemic: Ebola | (herbalprepper.com)
- A Nurse’s Fully-Stocked Medical Kit (thebusybhomemaker.com)
Helpful Products for This Topic:
We put together a master worksheet for you to fill out each day of the challenge. There is a separate page to list the things you need to buy, do, and learn after each day of the challenge. Include a due date of when you’d like to accomplish the task and check it off when you do it! Fill it out at the end of each day while your memory is fresh.