Friday September 23
Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 3 days, we are “PRACTICING” our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the next 3 days! Please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
Times are tough! Due to some unexpected and rather large medical bills your family has run into financial troubles and you have worked through the majority of your savings. You have to live on a tight budget eating through your three month supply foods to save money on groceries. Your water has been shut off because you couldn’t pay the water bill so you must also manage your daily life without water.
Goal: PRACTICE eating your three month supply foods and live without running water
- Use the recipes and ingredients from your three month supply plan for your meals today
- Revisit your three month supply plan. Inventory what you have on hand
- Determine how long you will be able to survive without buying more food
- Cook your meals and clean up without using running water
- Do a load of laundry today without using running water
- You can’t waste water on flushing toilets so figure out an alternative solution for potty issues today.
- Make some of your own natural cleaning supplies using regular ingredients you have in your home to save money.
SHARING TIME: Visit the Facebook Event Page and share a picture of you doing laundry today or some other “waterless” activity today. Let’s discuss how prepared you feel if you were to have to face this type of emergency.
>>>We’re also sharing on instagram! @foodstoragemadeeasy #fsme7daychallenge
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- DO NOT USE RUNNING WATER AT ALL TODAY.
- Do not use indoor plumbing for sanitation purposes.
- Go and shut off the main water supply to your house to avoid temptation to use water (view tutorial).
- Locate the nearest source of fresh water to your home, stock up on some extra water since your plumbing is shut off.
Check back first thing in the morning!
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder