The following items are what make up your Evacuation List and Car Kits in our Emergency Preparedness Plan.
This section includes measures to take when evacuating your home including a list of important things to grab and instructions to build a car kit. You never know when you may be stranded on the road, so make sure to keep your car prepared for emergencies.
The last thing you want to be thinking about in an emergency where you might not come back to “home” as you know it are the important keepsakes. Compile a list of items you would want to grab if you had the room and time.
When disaster strikes the last thing you want to be thinking about is what to grab. Fill out a grab list and tape near the exits to your garage so you won’t have to ﬁgure out what to grab during a crisis. Here are some things you may wish to include on your list:
- 72 hour kits
- Emergency Binder
In case you need to leave in a hurry, (or get stuck in your car) a main focus on being prepared for “evacuation” is to have a well stocked car.
- Water (a case of bottles would be excellent)
- 72 hour kit food, high calorie meal bars, or other snacks
- Cash ($20-30 in small bills and include some change)
- Diapers/Wipes if you have kids
- Emergency blankets/hand warmers (or an old spare comforter)
- Jumper cables
- Car shovel/pick
- Pocket knife
- First aid kit
- Package of batteries (for flashlight and radio)
- Toilet paper roll
- Spare clothes for small children
- Coffee can heater