Your spouse calls and announces their boss is coming over for dinner (or your boss invites themselves over for dinner TONIGHT!). You have no WAY to go to the store, and you have to come up with an impressive meal from what you already have in your home.
THESE LIMITATIONS AND TASKS ARE ALL NEW, THE FIRST 2 DAYS LIMITATIONS DO NOT APPLY!
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- You can use whatever food you have in your house (includes fridge, freezer)
- The meal has to have an appetizer
- The main course can’t use meat because the boss is a vegetarian (your meal CAN use milk, and dairy)
- You have to have at least 2 side dishes for the dinner
- The meal has to have a dessert
- You have to get other family members to help you make the meal and or set the table “NICELY” (share your pictures on facebook)
- Your house probably should be clean (even though that’s not a “food storage” thing)
- Brainstorm what other types of “everyday” emergencies you may have, and how you could better prepare for them
ADVANCED “FOLKS” (for anyone who feels up to it)
- You only have 1 hour from when you start to finish making the meal
REMEMBER, TOMORROW’S LIMITATIONS AND TASKS WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. How long would you have lasted under these conditions?
Each day we will be giving a prize to someone who provided feedback to that day’s challenge. *Click here to see who won DAY 2’S PRIZE. To provide feedback on today’s challenge, do one of the following:
Remember this is for us all to learn so fill it out honestly!
|[form 4 “Day 3 Questionnaire”]|