Remember when Jodi and I went to the Self Reliance expo a few weeks ago. We told you a little about it here. Well I wasn’t expecting to fall in love at a Self Reliance Expo… but as you will see in this video… I DID!
In our Emergency Binder post we talk about how important it is to have your documents safe and ready to grab and go in case of an evacuation. I had been meaning to put my binder into a better binder and get special sheet protectors ever since our 7 Day Challenge this year. Well I somehow kept procrastinating the job and when I saw this Prepare My Life Planner I was so thrilled because Tami – the creator of the Planner thought of EVERYTHING I have ever thought of doing with my binder and MORE.
The binder I was using didn’t have a zipper OR a handles, so things would always fly out. With the important documents I had in there this always made me nervous. The Prepare My Life Planner has both a zipper and handle and is easy to carry around.
I had a nice set of tab dividers in my binder however, they didn’t extend PAST the documents. The documents were in sheet protectors which made them extend too far past these regular tabs and they were pretty much useless because of it. The tabs in the Prepare My Life Planner go well beyond all the sheet protectors and are logically labeled with the proper sections.
My passports seemed to make an escape every time I even looked at the binder. With the zipper sheet protectors, I don’t have to worry about this.
The cash I kept with my binder had no where to go, but since the Prepare My Life Planner has a sheet protector for EVERYTHING you can possibly think of, it now has a home.
Some more features I LOVE about my Prepare My Life Planner are:
- Complete with Emergency Preparedness sections: Prepare My Family, Prepare My Home, Gather Supplies, Prepare to Evacuate, Prepare to Stay.
- Also includes comprehensive sections on: Personal, Insurance, Financial, Assets, Final Planning.
- Forms for you to fill out ALL your information that you can access and complete online as well, save to your hard drive, and print copies for loved ones.
- Each section walks you through checklists of things you need to do, and things you need to place in your planner in the appropriate sheet protector. Each sheet protector is unique to the type of document you are storing.
- Comes with emergency cards you can pass around, and pen
The Prepare My Life Planners retail at $169.95, and but we can get them for you for $125.00, and FREE SHIPPING. These make great gifts. I’m already planning on getting my parents this for Christmas. And I just might tell them, they ought to get one of these for each of my brothers and sisters for Christmas too.
-Jodi Weiss Schroeder