Last week we talked about water filtration and purification methods you may need to use, should you not have enough actual water stored. The idea is, that you would be able to find a water source and filter and purify that water should you need extra. While this is a good option, it’s always a great idea to store as much actual water as possible. In our “Water Storage Containers” post we talked about water storage containers, one of which is a 55 gallon barrel. Storing 55 gallon barrels comes with Pros and Cons:
– Great solution for storing LOTS of water
– Available in multiple sizes from 30 gallons up to 250 gallons
– With additives, can extend rotation needs to every 5 years
– Slightly difficult to fill and rotate
– Not very accessible when you have to actually USE the water
– Not an ideal solution in small homes/storage areas and shouldn’t be stored outside
|WATER BARREL TOWER
A couple of months ago, we were contacted by Trigen Manufacturing and we got some of their water barrel towers. Their water barrel towers solve the typical cons to the regular way of storing 55 gallon barrels. Rotating and filing the barrels is a breeze compared to when they are upright. Not only is rotation easier, it is a space saver too!
Darin from Trigen was kind enough to come over and help Julie get the barrels plumbed and ready for filling. This video shows you the tower fully built with the water barrels on it, and how to assemble the plumbing kit:
To order call: 801-997-0575. Make sure you mention Food Storage Made Easy when you order to get the following discounts:
- $20 off the Triple Barrel Tower with Upgraded Plumbing kit
- $10 off Triple Barrel Tower with Basic Plumbing Kit
- $10 off the Double Barrel Tower with Upgraded Plumbing kit
- $10 off the Double Barrel Tower with Basic Plumbing kit
Visit Trigen Manufacturing for pricing and full list of contents. To get the discount, make a phone order and mention Food Storage Made Easy.