Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. Today is the FINAL DAY! Did you survive? For 7 days, we have been testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days (unless we say otherwise)! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
You have run into some hard times financially but have felt the need to get better prepared. An anonymous donor has offered to give you a Food Storage and Preparedness Makeover and foot the bill for it. Today your task is to inventory your food storage and emergency preparedness items and come up with a wish list for your makeover. Reorganize your room to fit the new supplies you will be getting and make it better organized.
Goal: Organize your food storage and make a future shopping list for yourself
- Revisit your three month supply plan. Are you fully stocked on everything? Are all of your three month supply items stored together? What is your rotation plan?
- Update your long term food storage calculator with your current inventory levels.
- Determine if your current food storage plan works with your regular diet. Do you need to make adjustments to what you are storing?
- Arrange like items with like items on your shelves
- Make a list of the items you still need to buy to complete your three month and one year supplies
- Look over your emergency preparedness items and re-arrange them as necessary
- Make a list of emergency preparedness items you may need to purchase
- Take a before and after picture of your “makeover”
- FILL OUT YOUR MASTER WORKSHEET TODAY – Doing it as you practice each day will help you remember what you want to include.
SHARING TIME: Visit today’s Facebook thread and share a picture or description of your food storage makeover!
- Once your makeover is complete the challenge is OVER! Go and buy a donut or a diet coke or whatever it is you’ve been missing this week 🙂
- Go and purchase everything on your shopping list and add it to your newly reorganized food storage area
Helpful Posts on This Topic:
- Green Smoothie Girl Food Storage Makeover
- Three Month Supply Planning Page
- Long Term Food Supply Planning Page
- “So you want to buy a year supply?” post
- Emergency Preparedness Plan
Helpful Products for This Topic:
We put together a master worksheet for you to fill out each day of the challenge. There is a separate page to list the things you need to buy, do, and learn after each day of the challenge. Include a due date of when you’d like to accomplish the task and check it off when you do it! Fill it out at the end of each day while your memory is fresh.
Check your email first thing in the morning!