Welcome to the last day of the 2019 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we have been testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day brought about a NEW mock emergency or situation that tested at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared!
If you missed this year’s challenge, feel free to sign up for the 7 Day Challenge email list and you will be notified when next year’s challenge is about to start!
REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days … but as soon as you are done today’s task, you are free!
DAY 7: Photo Shoot
YOUR FOOD STORAGE IS BEING FEATURED IN A NEWS ARTICLE! Word is spreading about the importance of being prepared and you are going to be featured in the newspaper. The report and a photographer are coming to your home today to photograph your food storage / pantry and talk to you about your preps. Make sure you are ready for them!
Daily Tasks and Limitations
- Organize your kitchen pantry and any food storage areas in your home. You want things to look NICE for the photos! (Make sure to take a before picture before you get started)
- Update your long term food storage calculator with your current inventory levels. I have 2 different types of calculators you can use. The basic and basic plus (that adds more variety)
- Inventory your three month supply items (you may use this worksheet)
- Consider joining my Meal in a Jar Group for ideas on storing MEALS instead of just ingredients.
- Add items to your “To Buy” worksheet based on your inventory worksheets
- Make sure your non-food supplies are inventoried and organized
- Share your before and after pictures over in the facebook group.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores or gas stations, and no restaurants UNTIL your organizing is finished!
- Find a friend or family member who may not have their food storage very organized and help them inventory and re-organize today too!
Print out the worksheets below and add items you need to do, to learn, and to buy as you find holes in your preparedness plans throughout the week.
RECONGRATULATIONS! YOU MADE IT THROUGH THIS YEAR’S 7 DAY CHALLENGE. Please subscribe if you’d like to be notified when next year’s challenge is about to begin!
MAKE SURE to visit the group page on Facebook to discuss your progress and share pictures and tips. It’s a great place to learn from other people’s experience and knowledge.