This weekend we had the opportunity to go to the Utah Valley Women’s Expo and be a part of the Bloggers corner. We met a lot of YOU our readers and had a great time. At the expo, we handout out a BRAND NEW brochure style handout with our COMPLETE Emergency Preparedness Plan on it. We wanted ALL our readers to have it too, so here it is…Click to download.
We had a lot of great conversations and met a lot of fun people, here are just a few of the things that stood out.
- “I don’t need Food Storage, I have a whole box of snickers” (quote)
- Running into an old friend from where Julie lived 5 years ago who shared a recipe with Julie that she’ll share soon on the blog
- “You mean YOU are the real Jodi and Julie” (quote)
- Meeting one of our readers who told us she has her Food Storage Made Easy Binder FULL of all sorts of resources she has compiled over the last year, and that a 1 inch binder was just not big enough
- Seeing the shock on people’s face when we showed them what a Wondermill can do, and giving away a Wondermill to a lucky winner
- Watching people avoid direct eye contact with us, as the whole topic of Food Storage mainly just freaked them OUT
- Having YOU our readers come say hi… It was way more fun talking to YOU then talking to people who couldn’t figure out why the Food Storage booth had to be so PINK.
We also got to sit next to some GREAT women Bloggers. We had no idea we would make new friends while we were there too. You should totally check out some of our new friends:
- Kara, from Creations by Kara – who makes these totally cute bows that we bought for Jodi’s daughter and Julie’s niece.
- Kim and Kris- the most adorable twins from the DIY Dish who do webisodes teaching you how to do great stuff – one of which is a lamp recovering tutorial that Julie is so going to do – when she “finishes” her bedroom.
- Elisa – a girl after Julie’s own heart (we talked about PIZZA)… she is from Mormon Mommy Blogs (where we contribute monthly) and the Casual Blogger Conference which Julie is hoping to attend (if her husband will agree to take the boys ONE more weekend).
- Vanessa and Camille from Sassy Scoops. We regretted not going to one of their girls nights outs now that we know they are so fun!
Being busy mommy bloggers we don’t get “out” much and thought it was so fun to meet some of our fellow bloggers in REAL LIFE!
Missed us at the Expo? Well we’re going to be presenters at a Food Storage Fair this Saturday in Ogden… We’re speaking at 9am and 1pm, hope to see you THERE!
WHAT: Food Storage Fair
WHEN: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
WHERE: Shepherd Student Union Building, Weber State University, 3848 Harrison Blvd., Ogden
ADMISSION: $5, bring a friend and he/she gets in for half-price; preregistration requested, (801) 399-8207