In Monday’s post, we talked about different options for storing fuel. Today we wanted to share with you a product we have recently found out about and are pretty excited about too!
Insta-Fire is a safe, simple, and versatile new fire starting product. It has water-repellant properties, and a thirty year shelf life. Use it to light campfires, prepare charcoal briquettes, or as a safe and reliable fuel source for cooking or heating in emergency situations. In an emergency you will most likely need to boil water, cook your food and heat your shelter. This fuel can be used in a wide variety of cooking stoves, even ones you can make out of #10 cans! Proper ventilation is always necessary. To see why we are so excited about this product watch this short video.
When the owners of Insta-Fire asked us if we wanted to be dealers for their product we said of course! We love being dealers for the products we love and use so we can pass on the best prices to our readers. We are ALSO happy to get you FREE SHIPPING too!
Our Fun Day with the Insta-Fire Guys
Check out how much fun we had, and the cool stuff we learned when the owners of Insta-Fire came to cook us lunch- it’s not everyday people make lunch for us – ok it’s not ANY day that happens.
What we liked:
- You can light it on SNOW or wet wood
- It has a 30 year shelf life – which is awesome because it’s not like you REALLY want to rotate emergency cooking fuel, and other fuels have much shorter shelf life
- You can store as much of it you want (there are regulations on how much you can store of other types of fuel)
- It’s so easy to use, and versatile. You can use just insta-fire in a #10 can to boil water in a pot (don’t believe it, watch the video)
- The packets are fantastic for camping or 72 hour kits
- For more info see the FAQ
See Insta-Fire in Action
We figured out, that one cup of Insta-Fire will boil 2 cups of water in 10 minutes. Based on that – we figured we would use about 2 cups of insta-fire to cook 2 hot meals a day. That means we would need one 5 gallon bucket per month. We’re planning on storing 3 buckets of insta-fire each, along with some charcoal and propane for our long term fuel storage.