Welcome to the 7 Day Challenge. For 7 days, we are testing our Emergency Preparedness and Food Storage Plans. Each day will bring a NEW mock emergency or situation that will test at least one of the reasons “WHY” we strive to be prepared! REMEMBER: No going to a store, gas station, or spending any money for the entire 7 days (unless we say otherwise)! And please feel free to adapt the scenarios to fit your own family and situation.
There is a terrorist group that is striking cities across the nation. Your city is at high risk. They are releasing bombs as well as deadly diseases so it isn’t safe to stay in your home. Evacuate your home not knowing if you will return or if your house will still be standing when you do. You can return tomorrow morning if nothing happened.
Goal: Practice for a long-term evacuation situation
- You have ONE HOUR to get ready to leave. You can start the clock now or wait until your whole family is home from school, work, etc.
- Evacuate your house with as many supplies/sentimental items as can fit in your vehicles.
- Camp out for the night with your whole family using only supplies that you had in your disaster kits.
- While you are out, evaluate your evacuation plan and grab list, is there anything you wish you would have brought?
- Take an inventory of what you brought with you, how long could you survive?
- FILL OUT YOUR DAILY REPORT CARD TODAY – This will be important later this week!
SHARING TIME: Visit today’s Facebook thread and share a picture or description of your loaded vehicle or of your family “bugging out” today.
- For this day, and ALL days of the challenge: no spending money, no going to stores, and no restaurants.
- Even if you can’t camp “out” for the entire day/night, only eat the foods out of your 72 hour kit
- Stay gone for at least 24 hours
- You only have 10 minutes to evacuate instead of an hour
- Your car is out of gas and you have to evacuate on foot
Helpful Posts on This Topic:
Helpful Products for This Topic:
We put together a master worksheet for you to fill out each day of the challenge. There is a separate page to list the things you need to buy, do, and learn after each day of the challenge. Include a due date of when you’d like to accomplish the task and check it off when you do it! Fill it out at the end of each day while your memory is fresh.
Check your email first thing in the morning!