We got so busy with the Fun With Food Storage launch and recovering from the holidays we forgot to tell you what we got for Christmas, and of course our New Years Resolutions.
Remember our All We Want for Christmas Post? Our families must have been spying on our blog because we received several items from the list!
Julie STRUCK GOLD this year! She got a WONDERMILL GRAIN MILL! Her mom got her and 2 of her sisters the best present ever. Needless to say she’s been going to town (remember her all about wheat post). She loves it so much, we became Authorized Dealers for WonderMill to help people buy them at the Minimum Advertised Price allowed (click here for details). By the way, aren’t Julie’s sisters cute?
Jodi received a few books that will definitely help her with her food storage goals this year, Cookin’ with Dried Eggs and the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving. She also got some food from The Ready Project which she’s excited to try out!
So now for our “NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS”:
- I want to save up enough money to buy a wheat grinder so I don’t have to borrow Julie’s any more
- I want to plan my summer garden specifically with canning in mind
- I want to create a recipe binder full of meals that use my long term food storage items and cook from it frequently
- I want to cook more with dry beans and quit being so afraid of the soaking concept
- I want to plan dinners ahead of time to use more of my long term foods
- I want to find a way to help people who hate excel do an effective 3 month food supply plan even though the current excel file ROCKS! But I know, I know you don’t all love excel